Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Troops final upgrade that players can choose

Considering that troop rebalancing is comming, I would like to suggest an idea to give players a bit more space for strategy and choice.

After player will fully upgrade one troop (6 weapon, 6 shield/armor and 6 bag). Upgrades number 7 will be unlocked.

The idea behind it is that player can choose only one upgrade number 7 depending on what he plans to use this troops the most for.

Here are some examples:

Watchmen. This troop right now is used mostly for orking to soak damage and minimalize expenses. (Not sure if it will change with arrival of clerics ).

Upgrade 7 for shield: increases resistance to ranged attack by 20% and reduce healing time by 20%. (it is mostly for those who want to hunt high lv orc camps for resources and exp with under 5 minutes heal time).

Upgrade 7 for armor: increases hp by 10 and reduce healing cost by 25% (Watchmen is a very cheap troop to heal, so those who want to minimalize resources lose even futher or use watchmen as distraction will pick up this upgrade.

Weapon and bag upgrade 7 on watchmen seem unnecesery since no one use those troops for stealing or fighting.

Spearmen: This troops is mostly used to hurt cavalery.It is too weak to win most battles, but cheap enough to make up for it.

Upgrade for weapon: Increases damage against cavalery by 20% and speed by 5. (Spearmen are often send against shrines, tiles and castle gates under 5 minutes heal time to wound cavalery. Those who want to hurt cavalery will pick up this upgrade.

Upgrade for shield: resistance from cavalery attack increased by 1.4, resistance from range attack increased by 1.1 (Spearmen are very durable against cavalery, yet still way weaker than Bloody Cross. Those who want to use spearmen as cover for trolls or brutes will pick up this upgrade)

Armor upgrade: +15 hp, healing cost decreased by 30%. (Spearmen is a very cheap troop, which is why it is used against cavalery to wound it. Those who want to make spearmen even more cost efficient will pick up this upgrade).

Bag upgrade seem unnecesery.

Longbow/Man at arm: Those troops are way cheaper and heal faster than Bloody Cross and Matryrs, yet too weak to replace them. They are used mostly to weaken enemy or to reduce losses when guarding a shrine.

Weapon upgrade: increases Long Bow damage against infiltry by 25%. Increases Man at arm damage against cavalery by 25% (those who want to make those troops more effective against their main target will pick up this upgrade).

Armor upgrade: +50 hp, reduces healing time by 10% and resources cost by 20% (Those who want to sacrifice these troops to weaken the opponent or leave them to guard shrine for minimal cost will pick up this upgrade).

Shield upgrade for Man at Arm: +120 hp, increases resistance against range attacks by 20%. ( archer decoy, 4 basilic and man at arm is a popular combination when attacking keeps or enemy that use mix between cavalery and infiltry. Those who wish to protect their monsters with man at arm on Trellan or Anomadis will pick up this upgrade).

Bag upgrade is unnecesery.

Trinity Knights have good stats and can steal a lot, but have lots of weaknesses.

Weapon upgrade 7: + 50% damage against range, - 20% damage against infiltry and cavalery. (TK is good against range, yet most prefer to use lances against range, this speciality will help TK surpass lances against range units).

Bag upgrade: Increases carrying capability by 30% (make TK purely for tiles and stealing).

Shield upgrade: Increases resistances against range attacks by 20% and against infiltry by 30% (this upgrade cover weaknesses that TK have).

Armor upgrade: +100 hp, healing cost reduced by 25%. (TK is expensive, this upgrade make them cheaper).

Now short examples:
    Lances (full lances talon is the strongest but also most expensive unit in the game, mostly because food is almost as valiuable as silver ). Upgrades increases damage or reduce ammount of food necesery for healing or reduces healing time when used on keep or district.

Brutes (they are used similary to spearmen to hurt targets on shrines and gates, but since they need lots of food, they are mose expensive). Upgrades would massively increase damage against infiltry or increase bag size for stealing.

Basilic ( mostly used for attack against keeps, often teamed up with man at arm for cover). Upgrades would increase attack against infiltry or slightly increase hp and reduce healing time.

Griffons (mostly used against orcs for for fast strikes). Upgrades would massively increase attack at cost of speed, or reduce healing cost and healing time.

Trolls: (mostly used for defense on keeps or against cavalery, very strong but fragile and expensive). Upgrades would massively increase attack at cost of health (good for damage and against walls) or decrease healing time and cost.

Monster hunters: (they have just one upgrade, so simply damage increase against monsters)

This idea would also help to improve units that are nevery used like:

Archers and hobilars are mostly used as decoy, so healing time and cost reduction can be helpful. Swordman is good early on, just like crossbow and kemetas, but they are useless later on. Shadow Swords are waaaaaaaay too expensive, so unlike brutes and spearmen, sending them in small numbers against shrines and gates cost too much, massive healing cost reduction would help with that.

Upgrades number 7 can be also restricted to players who reach a certain level, to make them late-game upgrades and make sure they don't make weak units overpowered early on.

Long story short. Upgrade that can be choosed by players can give more variarity to how troops are used and make them less predictable on the battlefield. Since this upgrade involves only one choice, it won't be as troublesome as upgrades in the past. Since those upgrades won't involve just hp/atk increase, but affect damage increase or resistnaceagainst dertain troops, healing time reduction or cost decrease, it would be more creative. Letting players specialize their troops for one role or cover for their troop weakness.

I hope this suggestion will be considered for comming changes.

I like Commanders suggestions and would like to see this implemented!

I like this idea. It would open new doors and id love the weaker troops to be more useful later in the game

i like it too, verry nice !!!

Troops in this game are not balanced in any way..

TK already slaughtered ranges they do not need any additional bonus against Ranged.. People use them rarely as they die too quickly to BC

Another example of stupid balance is

An Aze with bad wall break loses like shit to Veros similarly an Veros with a bad break loses to Talon whereas Talon with bad wall break still wins against Aze

There is the op balance of this game.. plus all bonus is % so troops with higher base stats are getting better buffed I.e. Lances.. BC manages to kill lances because they have a whooping hidden bonus against Cavs which makes them op against tk
    Last edited by Helliom; 29-12-2016 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Helliom View Post
    Troops in this game are not balanced in any way..

TK already slaughtered ranges they do not need any additional bonus against Ranged.. People use them rarely as they die too quickly to BC

Another example of stupid balance is

An Aze with bad wall break loses like shit to Veros similarly an Veros with a bad break loses to Talon whereas Talon with bad wall break still wins against Aze

There is the op balance of this game.. plus all bonus is % so troops with higher base stats are getting better buffed I.e. Lances.. BC manages to kill lances because they have a whooping hidden bonus against Cavs which makes them op against tk
    Matryrs are a bit cheaper than BC, and if you use hobilars as distraction, BC hit hobs rather than matryrs.
    Lances with watchmen decoy can be more effective against azamer behind wall, though it is a very expensive attack.
    Against talon with full lances, you can put Bloody Cross in 2-3 spots on your veros and add archer decoys. Lances are way more expensive than BC, so even if veros lose, it is a partial victory.
    There is a small balance in this game, it is just not perfect, but it is there.

The idea is that TK are good against range, but too vunerable and expensive against cavalery and inifltry. While lances are more expensive, they are still stronger, so everyone use lances against matrys.

My idea is to give each troop specialization that the player can choose.

You want TK to steal tons of resources for you, you will improve bag to lv7. You just need to weaken defenses on keep with weak commander, and next send a commander with tons of TK for one big robbing.
    If you want your TK to specialize against range, you upgrade their weapon. TK will do 50% more damage to range, so on their attack turn when they target range, they will kill more matryrs and longbow than lances (since they are cheaper, it would be more cost-efficient to add TK into your army, just so they can get rid of enemy range. Even if you lose them to BC). However, -20% damage against infiltry and cavalery means that TK would become less efficient against anything else. So their role would be to kill range ASAP before they die, while your other troops will deal with the rest.

If you just want TK to have less weaknesses, you just invest into shield lv7, gaining 20% resistance to range attack and 30% resistance to infiltry attack. Your TK will become more resistant to sprearmen and Bloody Cross attack while still performing their role to hunt enemy range troops, but they will maintain weak against lances and monsters.

If you invest into armor lv7, your TK become cheaper to heal and cost less resources, so instead of specialization, they will just be more cost-efficient overal.

The idea is that you can for example specialize your TK against range or have them steal tons of resources, while your 7 upgrade for lances can make them cheaper on food or do slightly more damage overal. (Lance is already all-rounded troop, so TK can take the role of range hunting).

As for Bloody Cross, you can upgrade its weapon to lv7 to make it do more damage to cavalery so it can become more dangerous against enemy talon and merek. However if enemy upgrade matryrs weapon to lv7, they will roll over your veros with ease.

If you prefer that your Bloody Cross become more tanky for keep defense, you invest into lv7 shield, which will increase your resistance to range attacks and hp, but it will also increase your resources cost. As long as you will defend on keep or district, he will be hard to break, but the moment you attack, you'll lose way more resources for healing.

Investing into lv7 armor will reduce healing healing cost and give a little bit of hp, so it will make BC slightly more cost efficient on attack.

Overal idea is that you can choose. Either make one troop specialize against another, making BC, Man At Arm, spearmen more deadly against cavalery. But if enemy upgrade their longbow and matryrs weapons, they will kill your BC way easier.

Alternative is to make your troop more resistant, so if you improve your monsters damage and improve your man at arm or Bloody Cross resistances, you can combine it, sending 3 basilics and 1 troll with greatly boosted attack, and BC or Man at arm as protection with increased resistances.

You can pick up only 1 upgrade number 7 per troop, so each player need to decide what they will use their troops for in advance. Do you want your keep to be safer with more resistant BC, or do you prefer to hunt enemy talons.
    If you feel like guarding shrines, just make your units cheaper, so if they are hit on shrine when you're afk, less expensive healing.
    Last edited by CommanderX5; 29-12-2016 at 23:49.

As I said TK already kill Ranged they don't need buffs.. The reason why they are used less is because Lances are too strong and infantry are buffed to kill them which leaves TK in bad spot.. Why are u trying to buff TK and screw Ranged which is already the weakest of the 3 classes... Simpler way is to reduce the base stats of lances and lower the heal time.. and if you notice in game BC are preferred to kill lances; Lances are preferred to kill Marts however Bas are preferred to kill BC..

I do like your idea of troops being used for certain specific tasks.. but the tiered structure and preferences towards Cav here really screws up that idea.. Lets compare the three highest tiered troops

Heal Times

TK 7 sec
    Marts: 9sec
    BC: 11
    SL: 20

Few months back when I played actively I did few testing to get the idea on hidden bonuses so here is how the op balance is..

100 BC vs 80 Lances

100 BC kills 31 Lances and 80 Lances kill 39 BC - AP lost per round BC is 39% and Lances 38.2%

100 BC vs 100 Marts

100 Marts kill 52 BC and 100 BC kills 35 Marts - AP lost per round BC 52% and Marts 35%

100 Marts vs 80 Lances

80 SL kills 57 Marts and 100 Marts kill 23 SL - AP lost in round 1 Marts : 57% and SL 28%

70 Marts vs 100 TK

70 Marts kill 28 TKs and 100 TKs kill 32 Marts - AP lost in round 1 Marts : 45.8% and TK: 28%

They kill marts with less heal time

Simply put rock paper scissors are in favor of Lances easily even a dumb person would know that.. That's why u will see most people attacking with Talon/Ano...

I guess when balancing the troops Digit just checked Ranged should kill Infantry; Infantry should kill Cavs ; Cavs should kill Ranged never by how much.. This is why when u see a Lances+ BC Veros at Keep you don't use Marts. Also Unlike Veros who has a whooping 30% bonus for BC Aze has just 20% which is 5% more than Talon.

Now moving on to gear and buffs

I presume you already know % bonus benefits those troops having high base stats which Lances are given for free... u know all gear have attack bonus in favour of Lances over Marts
    Last edited by Helliom; 30-12-2016 at 21:16.
    Waiting for the day when effective Strength of SL, BC and Martyrs are equal and Ranged has some meaning in game

Quote Originally Posted by Helliom View Post
    As I said TK already kill Ranged they don't need buffs.. The reason why they are used less is because Lances are too strong and infantry are buffed to kill them which leaves TK in bad spot.. Why are u trying to buff TK and screw Ranged which is already the weakest of the 3 classes... Simpler way is to reduce the base stats of lances and lower the heal time.. and if you notice in game BC are preferred to kill lances; Lances are preferred to kill Marts however Bas are preferred to kill BC..

I do like your idea of troops being used for certain specific tasks.. but the tiered structure and preferences towards Cav here really screws up that idea.. Lets compare the three highest tiered troops

Heal Times

TK 7 sec
    Marts: 9sec
    BC: 11
    SL: 20

Few months back when I played actively I did few testing to get the idea on hidden bonuses so here is how the op balance is..

100 BC vs 80 Lances

100 BC kills 31 Lances and 80 Lances kill 39 BC - AP lost per round BC is 39% and Lances 38.2%

100 BC vs 100 Marts

100 Marts kill 52 BC and 100 BC kills 35 Marts - AP lost per round BC 52% and Marts 35%

100 Marts vs 80 Lances

80 SL kills 57 Marts and 100 Marts kill 23 SL - AP lost in round 1 Marts : 57% and SL 28%

70 Marts vs 100 TK

70 Marts kill 28 TKs and 100 TKs kill 32 Marts - AP lost in round 1 Marts : 45.8% and TK: 28%

They kill marts with less heal time

Simply put rock paper scissors are in favor of Lances easily even a dumb person would know that.. That's why u will see most people attacking with Talon/Ano...

I guess when balancing the troops Digit just checked Ranged should kill Infantry; Infantry should kill Cavs ; Cavs should kill Ranged never by how much.. This is why when u see a Lances+ BC Veros at Keep you don't use Marts. Also Unlike Veros who has a whooping 30% bonus for BC Aze has just 20% which is 5% more than Talon.

Now moving on to gear and buffs

I presume you already know % bonus benefits those troops having high base stats which Lances are given for free... u know all gear have attack bonus in favour of Lances over Marts
    I understand what you're trying to say, though you should also take into consideration that between lances, BC and matryrs, Matryrs have least heal time, can shot over wall and there's an oathbound armor that gives them 30% hp, so range is doing a bit better.

The reason why I suggest to boost TK against range so much with weapon upgrade was to have them replace lances for anti-range purpouse, and it does cost at the price of 20% attack against infiltry and cavalery. Also, my suggestion is not meant to balance the troops, since this is most likely what they are working on at the moment. My idea was to give more variarity of choose to players.

Anyway, since you're so focused on range/infiltry/cavalery issue in late game, I suppouse I can give a difrent examples of how gear lv7 can work for them.

Lets start with lances, the most expensive unit in the game:
    Weapon lv7 would increase their attack by 10% but also increase their heal cost by 5%.
    Armor lv 7 would decrease their food cost by 25% (instead of 250k food, you would pay 187.5k food for healing for example)
    Shield lv7 would decrease their heal time on keep/district by 30% (Lances heal 50% longer heal time when put on defense, this would reduce it to 20%)
    So lance user will either make them stronger at the price of making them more expensive. Or he would be able to make them cost a bit less food when healing, which is lances biggest weakness, or reduce their heal time on defense to weaken another lance's weakness.

Bloody Cross is very expensive, but also powerful on veros (only because veros have 30% bonus, novik have 10% so not so great).
    Weapon lv7 would increase damage against cavalery by 30% (thanks to this, veros would become specialized unit to fight against all cavalery users. You wouldn't even need to use veros to hurt talon with your BC. However the price is that BC won't be any better against all other units.)
    Shield lv 7 would increase hp by 300 ( fully upgraded BC have 1600 hp, so it is 15% ) and resistance to range by 10%,but it would increase healing cost by 10% (those who want to defend their keeps with BC will benefit from this upgrade, making BC even more tanky,or they would serve as an expensive cover for monsters in attack.
    Armor lv 7 would increase hp by 100 ( 5% hp more ) and decrease healing cost by 10%, making BC more cost efficient on attack.

Matryrs
    Weapon lv 7 would increase damage against infiltry and monsters by 25%, so if placed behind a wall, they would hurt monsters that attack your keep way harder.
    Armor lv 7 would increase hp by 380 ( fully upgraded matryrs have 1520 hp, so it is 25%, making matryrs hp same as BC ) and resistance to cavalery attacks by 25%, but it would increase healing cost by 15%. (As result, your matryrs would become way more durable but also a lot more expensive, letting matryrs and BC fight on equal footing, and making them even harder to kill behind wall.

(Basilic weapon lv7 can instead of giving extra 25% damage to infiltry, it can just increase basilic attack by 10%, letting players option to specialize matryrs against infiltry while making basilic more of a balanced damager. )

Man at arm and Longbow (they are weaker but way cheaper units, upgrades will focus on making them cost efficient).
    Option 1) Weapon lv 7: Increase man at arm attacl by 20%, increase man at arm healing cost by 10%. Increases Longbow attack by 24% increases longbow healing cost by 12%.
    (This would make these units more powerful overal at higher healing cost, which isn't all that high to begin with.)
    Option 2) Weapon lv 7 increases man at arm attack against cavalery by 35% and longbow attack against infiltry by 38%.

Armor lv 7: Decrease healing cost by 20% and healing time by 10%.

Trinity knigh
    Option 1) Weapon lv7 would increase damage to range by 50% but decrease attack against infiltry and cavalery by 20%. As I said before, the idea behind it is to make TK more popular against range than lances.
    Option 2) Weapon lv7 would increase damage to range by 60% but increase healing healing cost by 15%. TK would still be cheaper than lances and stronger against range, but become less useful against other types of troops.

Bag lv 7 increase carry by 30%.

Shield lv 7: Increases resistance to infiltry attacks by 25% and increase hp by 300 (TK hp is 1240hp, so it will be 24.15% ) but increase healing cost by 15%. (It is similar upgrade to the one matryrs would get, basically make unit more expensive, but cover for it's weaknesses )

Armor lv 7: healing cost decreased by 10%, healing time decreased by 20% (it is similar to the one longbow and man at arm gets, but focus more on healing time decrease rather than healing cost.

As the result, while Man at arm and Longbow upgrades makes them more balanced and way cheaper units overal. TK can be either specialized against range, specialize to robbing enemy keeps or simply make tougher but also more expensive.

I know my ideas may seem to favorize cavalery, but you're wrong in this regard. The thing about cavalery is that it is the most expensive unit in the game, and it require a lot of food, something that is the most needed resource besides silver. When suggesting my ideas, I look into unit heal-cost and heal-time, not just its statistics and bonuses. The idea behind TK bonus against range is mostly against players who put azamer with full range behind lv25 wall.

If you have tons of bonuses like MoM do, you can simply send talon with full lances, break wall and anihilate matryrs with ease. But if you don't have tons of bonuses, healing talon will cost you a lot, or you may even lose. By specializing TK against range, you can send TK with some decoys against enemy keep with 100% range azamer, and either win and steal lots of resources, or lose but kill most of defending range. I just try to give TK its own role, something that lances cannot do as well.
    My upgrades I just presented here focus more on making BC/Matryrs and lances more powerful and expensive, but also make Man at arm and longbow way more cost efficient while TK would get specialization.

Before you reply to this message, I would like to ask you to considering each unit heal time and heal cost. BC and Matryrs cost lots of silver, while Man at arm and longbow cost lots of ore and timber, but they don't cost much food, and you need lots of food for cavalery and monsters, which is the most limiting factor.
    Last edited by CommanderX5; 31-12-2016 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderX5 View Post
    I understand what you're trying to say, though you should also take into consideration that between lances, BC and matryrs, Matryrs have least heal time, can shot over wall and there's an oathbound armor that gives them 30% hp, so range is doing a bit better.

The reason why I suggest to boost TK against range so much with weapon upgrade was to have them replace lances for anti-range purpouse, and it does cost at the price of 20% attack against infiltry and cavalery. Also, my suggestion is not meant to balance the troops, since this is most likely what they are working on at the moment. My idea was to give more variarity of choose to players.

Anyway, since you're so focused on range/infiltry/cavalery issue in late game, I suppouse I can give a difrent examples of how gear lv7 can work for them.

Lets start with lances, the most expensive unit in the game:
    Weapon lv7 would increase their attack by 10% but also increase their heal cost by 5%.
    Armor lv 7 would decrease their food cost by 25% (instead of 250k food, you would pay 187.5k food for healing for example)
    Shield lv7 would decrease their heal time on keep/district by 30% (Lances heal 50% longer heal time when put on defense, this would reduce it to 20%)
    So lance user will either make them stronger at the price of making them more expensive. Or he would be able to make them cost a bit less food when healing, which is lances biggest weakness, or reduce their heal time on defense to weaken another lance's weakness.

Bloody Cross is very expensive, but also powerful on veros (only because veros have 30% bonus, novik have 10% so not so great).
    Weapon lv7 would increase damage against cavalery by 30% (thanks to this, veros would become specialized unit to fight against all cavalery users. You wouldn't even need to use veros to hurt talon with your BC. However the price is that BC won't be any better against all other units.)
    Shield lv 7 would increase hp by 300 ( fully upgraded BC have 1600 hp, so it is 15% ) and resistance to range by 10%,but it would increase healing cost by 10% (those who want to defend their keeps with BC will benefit from this upgrade, making BC even more tanky,or they would serve as an expensive cover for monsters in attack.
    Armor lv 7 would increase hp by 100 ( 5% hp more ) and decrease healing cost by 10%, making BC more cost efficient on attack.

Matryrs
    Weapon lv 7 would increase damage against infiltry and monsters by 25%, so if placed behind a wall, they would hurt monsters that attack your keep way harder.
    Armor lv 7 would increase hp by 380 ( fully upgraded matryrs have 1520 hp, so it is 25%, making matryrs hp same as BC ) and resistance to cavalery attacks by 25%, but it would increase healing cost by 15%. (As result, your matryrs would become way more durable but also a lot more expensive, letting matryrs and BC fight on equal footing, and making them even harder to kill behind wall.

(Basilic weapon lv7 can instead of giving extra 25% damage to infiltry, it can just increase basilic attack by 10%, letting players option to specialize matryrs against infiltry while making basilic more of a balanced damager. )

Man at arm and Longbow (they are weaker but way cheaper units, upgrades will focus on making them cost efficient).
    Option 1) Weapon lv 7: Increase man at arm attacl by 20%, increase man at arm healing cost by 10%. Increases Longbow attack by 24% increases longbow healing cost by 12%.
    (This would make these units more powerful overal at higher healing cost, which isn't all that high to begin with.)
    Option 2) Weapon lv 7 increases man at arm attack against cavalery by 35% and longbow attack against infiltry by 38%.

Armor lv 7: Decrease healing cost by 20% and healing time by 10%.

Trinity knigh
    Option 1) Weapon lv7 would increase damage to range by 50% but decrease attack against infiltry and cavalery by 20%. As I said before, the idea behind it is to make TK more popular against range than lances.
    Option 2) Weapon lv7 would increase damage to range by 60% but increase healing healing cost by 15%. TK would still be cheaper than lances and stronger against range, but become less useful against other types of troops.

Bag lv 7 increase carry by 30%.

Shield lv 7: Increases resistance to infiltry attacks by 25% and increase hp by 300 (TK hp is 1240hp, so it will be 24.15% ) but increase healing cost by 15%. (It is similar upgrade to the one matryrs would get, basically make unit more expensive, but cover for it's weaknesses )

Armor lv 7: healing cost decreased by 10%, healing time decreased by 20% (it is similar to the one longbow and man at arm gets, but focus more on healing time decrease rather than healing cost.

As the result, while Man at arm and Longbow upgrades makes them more balanced and way cheaper units overal. TK can be either specialized against range, specialize to robbing enemy keeps or simply make tougher but also more expensive.

I know my ideas may seem to favorize cavalery, but you're wrong in this regard. The thing about cavalery is that it is the most expensive unit in the game, and it require a lot of food, something that is the most needed resource besides silver. When suggesting my ideas, I look into unit heal-cost and heal-time, not just its statistics and bonuses. The idea behind TK bonus against range is mostly against players who put azamer with full range behind lv25 wall.

If you have tons of bonuses like MoM do, you can simply send talon with full lances, break wall and anihilate matryrs with ease. But if you don't have tons of bonuses, healing talon will cost you a lot, or you may even lose. By specializing TK against range, you can send TK with some decoys against enemy keep with 100% range azamer, and either win and steal lots of resources, or lose but kill most of defending range. I just try to give TK its own role, something that lances cannot do as well.
    My upgrades I just presented here focus more on making BC/Matryrs and lances more powerful and expensive, but also make Man at arm and longbow way more cost efficient while TK would get specialization.

Before you reply to this message, I would like to ask you to considering each unit heal time and heal cost. BC and Matryrs cost lots of silver, while Man at arm and longbow cost lots of ore and timber, but they don't cost much food, and you need lots of food for cavalery and monsters, which is the most limiting factor.

I general It's not like I don't your ideas.. but TK already kill Marts, Just because u have to use lances to kill Marts doesn't mean u need to buff TKs.. And to be honest since Marts can fire over walls is the only good use of them.. For Killing BC Bas is preferred over Marts.. Lets take e.g. of their counterpart men at arms can't kill lances.. similarly LB can't kill BC.. buff them too?? What's the difference between high tier or low tier troops

You are indirectly asking for Cav buffs ... Ranged already is at disadvantage as they are countered by the strongest class in the gamr.., In short e.g. if i put an army of BC and SL and try to attack with Marts and BC.. Marts will die too quickly in combat .. Marts are good against Infantry but they are way more weak against Cavs ( This is just and e.g. I know there is bette way to do it). and preference will always make cavalry attack Ranged...Fuck heal time you will never win..

If we do buffs the TK so that they can kill Marts behind 25 walls what happens when they meet on tile or GH or Shrine.. Absolute slaughter.. If you want to leave Marts as a unit that should be used just as defending behind 25 walls.. Simple Lvl 7 bonus for Marts 200% bonus while defending as that's they will be reduced to

If I have to consider Ore is far more important than food.. BC and SL need a good quantity of Ore... Only monster that really is used is Bas because Marts suck in general.. And in 3-4 hrs bubble you can orc everything to max other than Silver and Ore

Fun facts : 2 point of war and Full DS Talon never loses to Full Marts Aze even behind 25 walls (with Trinity or OB) and TKs already kill Marts..Also outside if u attack a full Marts Army with Full Lances the lances army will have a lesser HT (balanced right ?)

I don't know if a full TK Merek could do the job never seen anyone try it though ( will check numbers later)

Plus we don't stack one type of troop it's too easy to kill them.. and am hoping u do use decoys stuff etc
    Last edited by Helliom; 06-01-2017 at 19:27.
    Waiting for the day when effective Strength of SL, BC and Martyrs are equal and Ranged has some meaning in game

All those ideas are interesting, no matter if we agree on details. But i'm affraid the main question qould have to be - is Digit capable of program anything so complex into the game, when they can't maintain the current situation correctly? Remember that it was the reason for the change with the research from choosen by the player, to be incorporated into units automaticaly after the research is done - the game engine/serwers couldn't handle so much calculations when different players had different levels of research in their armies.
    So, i dont expect all those ideas above, or similar ones, to be implemented anytime soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast